My ESP-01 board has not being used for a few weeks due to other projects, and today, after updating my local nodemcu firmware repository I’ve found out that the latest build directory where the binary for the firmware was located was gone.
We can find now the pre-compiled binaries on this link: NodeMcu Firmware Releases
There is also a cloud compiling option on this link: NodeMcu custom builds
If by any chance you are having second thoughts in providing your e-mail, use one from Fake Mails and wait for the firmware on the provided (temporary) e-mail.
Anyway, the procedure is always the same:
- Close anything that using the serial port, for example the ESPlorer tool
- Put the ESP8266 into firmware flashing mode by connecting the GPIO0 to ground and reset the board or power cycling.
- Flash the firmware with ./esptool.py -p /dev/ttyUSB0 write_flash 0x000000 nodemcu_float_0.9.6-dev_20150704.bin
- Remove the GPIO0 from GND and power cycle or reset
- Connect to serial port and check the NodeMCU version